San Juan Island Childcare Cooperative – Job Description – Early Childhood Classroom Aide
Position Description: Classroom Aide
Title: Early Childhood Classroom Aide
Type: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Work with Lead Teacher, Parent Educator, and participating parents to provide a stimulating, safe, nurturing, and developmentally appropriate educational environment for children ages 0 – 3 years old.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help provide care to classes of infants 0-18 months, and toddlers 18 months -3 years at the direction of Lead Teacher, working alongside participating parents and the Skagit Valley College Parent Educator.
- At direction of Lead Teacher, help supervise children in the classroom and provide a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Assist in providing basic care for enrolled children, including diapering, toileting, facilitating safe sleep for various age groups, and preparing and serving snacks.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with children ages birth to three (3) years in a group setting preferred.
- Coursework in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Ability to remain calm and supportive, and meet the emotional and physical needs of infants and children of varying developmental stages in an active environment.
- Ability to transport oneself to and from the workplace.
- Ability to lift and move children up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidate must pass a comprehensive post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- Must obtain and maintain current adult, child & infant CPR and First Aid Certification. Initial certification must be achieved within 6 weeks of date of hire.
- I quickly went to the pharmacy, bought the drug, started treatment, after a short period of time I noticed that I was adequately responding to troubles and problems, I was no longer breaking down on loved ones. Read more at https://ranovus.com/valdia/ little children completely exhaust me, I became irritable, I want to run to a desert island. I went to the doctor, I ask, maybe I’m crazy, the specialist smiled and offered Valium, promising that everything would pass soon.
- Blood Borne Pathogens certificate & Food Handler Permit/Food Worker Card within 30 days of hire.
- Proof of current vaccinations including Covid-19, Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR), Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDP), Influenza, and negative TB test.
Salary and Benefits
- Part-time position with an hourly rate of $20.
- 11 paid holidays, monthly accrual of Paid Time Off (combination of vacation and sick time)
- SEP IRA contribution equal to 3% of monthly pay.
- Some benefits start after the probationary period is completed.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At SJI Childcare Cooperative, we believe in providing children and families of all backgrounds and identities with a safe and inclusive environment. The Lead Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for caring for all children and their families enrolled in the SJI Childcare Cooperative with respect and sensitivity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity or ability. SJI Childcare Cooperative believes that diversity and inclusivity are an integral part of providing an enriching care environment for babies and children and as such, encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.